Saturday 18 May 2013

Code Sync Woes

Well finally I have managed to find the right style of gallery which will be used for my site images, with the images as small thumbnails which when clicked open within the page to a larger image which are closed by clicking on them again. I also need to lay with the background of the gallery Ui at some point to match my site design. I will have separate pages hosting images on al sorts of gadgets and tear-downs on electronic devices such as Smartphones and Ipad's.

However due having a test site set up within Dream-weavers managed sites, not everything is going to plan. Once I had sorted out playing with this new gallery code in my test site and figuring the easiest and best way of integrating it into my new site. To review how to best do this I changed my site from the test one to my main stable one, before continuing I decided to back up the results to USB and as always opened up the webpages to see all was in order and the latest stable version was present. To my dismay shall we say I find that my blog page had literally fallen apart at the seams, however the blog on which I am now writing was still showing halfway down the page still intact, upon closer inspection I find that somehow the blog reference links were all pointing to the blog file within the test Directory, lord only knows how that happened, as it should be isolate and was checked before closing.

Luckily without panicking I opened up another page called blog posts which I probably wont use but has the same layout and code as the blog page minus the integrated blog. I went through both files deleting and re-copying the messed up code reference's and e' Voila the blog page is now fully functioning again, needless to say it has been backed up this time.

So with the blog page now fully working (touch wood) and my new gallery design ready to code into my main site things are progressing nicely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment