Wednesday 29 May 2013

Parcels, movies and Repairs.


Well after a quiet bank holiday weekend I can now just sit back and enjoy the stack of parcels that will arrive in the post. Mostly bits and bobs and even a White Knight fancy dress costume for an upcoming birthday party, being a bit more spontaneous. And damn does it look good if I do say so myself, looks as though it should have cost way more, although I'm keeping that comment to myself.

I have also been to see the Fast and Furious 6 yesterday oh my, what a film, unlike other franchises let’s say for example oh I font know Paranormal activity which just seems to get worse, Fast and Furious thankfully is the exact opposite. A stellar cast, amazing action, solid plot and a twist ending it really is that good.

I have also been fortunate enough after doing some cleaning to at last find my old Dreamcast console from Sega, and even the cables, a quick dust and it looks as good as new. Looks being the key word in this case, as when powered up the drive will not spin the disc, sigh. So straight to the tool box and have a look inside, something I didn't think I’d be doing when I first bought it I can tell you. All of the components seem in good nick, but how 3 spiders have managed to get inside and spin some webs I have no idea, really it’s incredible, it’s not like I even want internet on it ha ha.

Anyway I finally come to the conclusion that the GD Rom drive has malfunctioned/died, which is not a good thing seeing as the parts for this kind of system are practically extinct. Still I have managed to source another Dreamcast in working order even though it has some yellowing on the case, so the plan is to just replace my GD Rom with the bought one.

The website has picked up a few hiccups which need remedying, such as the contact form pointing to some JavaScript and CSS sheets which need an xml file which is placed on the hosting server in order for direct messaging. I have since decided to implement a basic form which can simply work with a user’s email program, not ideal but at present very appealing.

Aside from that one of my pages footer containers does not seem to be extending itself to the width of the page, even though the parameters have not changed, possibly I suspect something to do with my click boxes, at least all of the pages are linked now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment